Thursday, June 5, 2014

Dhaulagiri. Khaja House

 The time I reached here , I was on the way to the Sarangkot hilltop and boy was I hungry.
Had a few croissants and danish from the famous German bakery in Pokhara before starting off.. 4 hours of trek sure made me feel jumpy in my tummy. It was a small joint which seem overcrowded even at 1630 hrs in the evening. Came to know that it was run by a 64 year old woman and her daughters. Being hungry and desperate ordered for a plate of BUFF MOMOS..... well yeah that how Beef is spelt here and throughout Nepal.
8 pieces of steaming hot momos were on my small rickety little table with a bowl of the most amazing coriander flavored meat clear soup I have ever had in my life. A hint of spicy chilies and major aromas of coriander root. HEAVEN......    Spoke to the owner in my broken Nepali and came to know that the soup is a kind of a master stock ( similar to that of the Chinese Cuisine) . It is the steaming liquor that sits at the base of the Mamcha( momo Steamer) n starts off at 5 in the morning. and keeps getting reduced and replenished with meat stock.

No comments: